From the initial enquiry we explored various paper options, the original spec was 90gsm Woodfree Uncoated and due to the bulky nature of the uncoated stock we needed to think outside of the box.
We offered the client 3 solutions:
Producing a full set of made up dummies and meeting with the client to discuss all options, they selected the 80gsm uncoated material. This opened another door where further cost savings could be achieved. Through our extensive European network of supply partners we contacted a printer who specialises in press finished products, we knew that reducing to 80gsm would allow us to look at an inline press finished piece.
The cost reduction was substantial and the production was set. A very complex set of packing and delivery requirements were sent across from the client, not to be phased we set about organizing the transport and liaising with the factory to ensure they understood the packing requirements fully.
Just prior to production a fire at the mill producing the paper resulted in a shortage in supply of uncoated paper across the UK and Europe, the initial stock we had introduced to the client was no longer available! However, due to our European network we managed to secure a different stock very similar to the initial paper and samples were sent to the client via same day courier to approve.